It's 8:03 and the house is QUIET! It's 90 degrees outside and it was field day at the elementary school. Grant and Ammon and I had a shortened nap because we went to JCPenny's this morning. Add that all together and you've got tired kids and reading time in bed. YES!
Two stories.
First: I make my bed everyday. I gave up on making the kids make their beds everyday (maybe we'll try again this summer). Grant's bed is never, never made. When Madi and Logan were four they knew how to make their beds and they were held accountable for making their beds each day. Grant could probably make a normal bed, except that he destroys his every night. Like--even the fitted sheet is pulled off each morning. Grant has the privilege of sleeping on my bed during nap time so that he doesn't wake up Ammon. As mentioned, I make my bed everyday. But yesterday I just kind of threw the covers up over the pillows and I didn't smooth it down. When he went in to take a nap he said, "Mom, I can't sleep on this! It's not made! You have to make your bed everyday or I can't fall asleep." I don't get it.
Next story: We are going to have to watch Ammon. He is a kisser. If I say, "let's change your diaper," he runs away. If I say, "it's time to get dressed," he runs away. If I say, "can I have a kiss?" He smiles big and runs over with his mouth wide open. He falls for this trick every time.
And lastly, we finally went to get Ammon's first year pictures. We got some cute ones, no thanks to him. The little stinker became shy for the first time in his life and all he wanted to do was hide his head in my chest.
If you want to see them (please do!) there is a link on my facebook page. I don't know how to attach it to the blog.
1 comment:
Cute stories.
Post a Comment