Monday, May 21, 2012

Nothing Fabulous, Nothing Bad

I have nothing entertaining or enlightening to share, only that we are doing o.k. Sunday was brutal.  The problem: fighting kids and a tired/impatient mom. Both of those things together = unhappy family. Let's just say I was feeling very guilty by the end of the day. Luckily, we have almost another week to recover and prepare for the next one. 

I have some fantastic friends and visiting teachers in this ward, and that has made life sweet. I mentioned the surprise book drop last week, but since then: my kids were watched for a few hours on Saturday so I could attend a church meeting for women, we were invited to a yummy dinner, given a prepared FHE lesson (!), invited to go swimming, and today there was a cookie-drop off. I truly feel cared for and loved--and I think that means more than the service itself. Every time I go through an "experience" I am reminded of ways I can be more compassionate and charitable to others; this has been a good experience, and I hope I can be better at finding ways to help those in need of lifting up. 
 
Oh, and something kind of exciting: I visited a second-hand shop during Grant's speech today. I was in there for about 15 minutes and found 3 pairs of perfect-condition GAP jeans (that fit!) for $10.99. Boo-Yah! 

2 comments:

Vernice said...

I am so glad that you have great people over there to take care of you. It is awesome when you can find a great deal on clothes!! Love that. By the way, I love your family photo with everyone looking at Ammon...so cute.

balloongal said...

Yay for loving people around you. You deserve such love.