*********************
Today, for the first time in my life, I said "no" when someone asked a favor from me. I feel kind of guilty, but relieved at the same time. On Sunday I decided that part of my sanity plan while Joe was gone was to keep nap time and bedtime as sacred time. So when someone asked me to babysit tonight from 5-10 p.m. I said something like, "I'm sorry, I would normally do it, but I will need the time after my kids go to bed to myself in order to keep my sanity."
How do you say "no?"
4 comments:
Good for you on saying no. I'm still working on that one myself. Doug gets on me about it.
If I don't want to do it I just say no. :) haha... Or if I could do it but really feel like I would hate to do it then I just say no. I think the way you told her now was perfect. Although, I can't ever imagine asking my friend with four kids, and no husband to watch my kids for five hours. I would never ask. Never. Unless it was a huge emergency, like dying or something. :) I just figured I really appreciate when people are honest with me, even when it's something I don't want to hear, and as long as its nice,so I figure that others will appreciate my honesty in saying no as well. :) hopefully.
GOOD FOR YOU!! But you should probably say no to me more often, I feel like you watch my girls way too much!
I think what you said was a perfect balance of kindness and honesty.
Post a Comment