Gotta love Cleveland.
Today I invested a good half hour digging my car out of the driveway. I then traversed the 9 miles it is from my house to my office in the grand-prix-worthy time of 1.5 hours. Five minutes after getting to the office, the firm sends everyone home. Thanks.
Before I go further, I'd like to ask any who may know why Cleveland sent their plow drivers home early, too.
On my lovely drive back I successfully maneuvered the obscene amounts of snow the entire way . . . until getting to the home stretch: L----- Rd. L----- Rd, the venerable lane where the McGregor estate rests, had yet to be plowed. I got stuck immediately.
After much cajoling, I managed to inch forward my little Kia Optima right up to our driveway, where the car, positively and unequivocally, got stuck.
So I devoted another hour shoveling the driveway (again), digging out my car, and creating a nice little path from the car to my driveway. After all that exertion I thrust my trusty shovel into the snowbank I had just created with a wonderful sense of accomplishment. As I exhaled I noticed a flashing light coming around the corner. Who would have guessed? A full day after plowing everyone's road but mine, the city's winter hero--the plowman--tumbled down my street and shoved all the snow I just dug away from my car, back onto my car!
I wanted to cry.
I didn't.
I love this place.
5 comments:
We are so sorry that you had such a snow day! Hopefully you were able to enjoy the rest of your day with your family though. Gotta go....we're BBQing right now. :)
(It's not all nice in Cali though....thanks to the wonderful Cali politicians, no one is getting their state tax return on time this year....on hold indefinitely.)
I love it here too.
Poor Joe! If that's not ironic, I don't know what is!
This is a very painful story. boo.
So sad, we really wanted to cry for you. (nat and jon)
*sharing snow blistering hi fives.* I feel your pain. The lovely sun is beginning to melt off the snow. The great part is when the snow melts and turns to water -- it makes great ice for immovable rear-wheel drive vans.
Why shovel? I don't know.
But I sure love this place, too.
Post a Comment