We spent the majority of the day doing...well, I'm not completely sure what we did today. A lot of nothing, I think, mixed in with some Thanksgiving prep. Ammon and I made a lemon meringue pie with a store bought roll out crust (sorry Molly) that shrunk to half its size when I prebaked it. The kids oohed and ahhed over it (mostly because they think the meringue is whipped cream), so I think it will get eaten.
Grant and I made from scratch pumpkin pie--with the store bought roll out crust. That just sounds wrong! Its crust didn't seem to shrink as much, probably because we didn't need to prebake it before filling it.
We also made our traditional clam chowder for dinner. Yum! To go with our soup tonight, we ate the yummy artisan bread Madison made with Sister Seal yesterday. It was a hit, and she said she definitely will be making it again.
They also made two types of no-bake fudge--candy cane and toffee--that we are saving for tomorrow's feast. She said she can make this again completely by herself.
The most exciting part of my day was meeting the builder to walk through the house and make sure everything was going the way we wanted. As you can see, they are almost done bricking the front. The interior walls are taped, and next week they are painting, putting in cabinets, stair spindles, doors, and baseboards. Also tiles for all the wet areas. Whaat??? It's going so fast!
We should have an estimated closing date in the next week or two, but he thinks they will be done with the house by the end of December with a possible closing during last half of January.
I feel excited and anxious. Moving is a lot of work! Even though we aren't going far, change is hard! Do we pull the kids out of their school mid year or spend way too much time driving back and forth every day? Decisions, decisions. Grateful to have them to make, though.
Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments:
Post a Comment