Wednesday, December 3, 2014

17.1

I had a dream last night that I couldn't find my favorite clothes. I was looking everywhere for a blue ruffle shirt, but it was gone. I woke up wondering where it could be, and realized that I hadn't looked in the box I had (in real life) stored it because I knew it wouldn't fit me for the next year.

Oh yeah.

It's still easy for me to forget that every second of my life--right this moment--cells are multiplying and miracles are taking place to create a life inside of this body of mine that for the most part works incredibly well. 

We took a one-mile scooter/walk this morning. It felt warmer today (55 degrees), so I didn't wear a jacket, but quickly regretted my choice. We walked/scooted quickly to get home for hot chocolate, and the entire time I was swinging my arms and feeling grateful for--for so, so much. 

I can still sleep on my back, sprawl out on the floor to read books with my kids on my stomach, and bend or reach over to move or pick things up. Ammon can still snuggle close on my lap as we watch The Grinch. I can jump on the trampoline outside and make a grand effort to beat my kids playing Just Dance. 

Even if my little bump doesn't look like much, I can still use pregnancy as every excuse, to: forget things, not walk up the stairs, mix up words, be grouchy, feel tired, take a break from Just Dance (but tell them to keep dancing). My kids think it's funny and have even started saying it for me. They have recently asked me what I am going to say when I'm not pregnant anymore. "I have five kids." Amen. 

The one thing that is somewhat bothersome is that I have been cramping (contracting?) quite a bit. It's uncomfortable but not too alarming because it has happened with every pregnancy. With Logan it started at 32 weeks and I was on bedrest until 35 weeks (they said they wouldn't stop the labor after that and I needed to finish student teaching). It has gotten earlier with every pregnancy and the doctors say it must just be my body--16/17 weeks is definitely the earliest it has ever happened, though, and it's not my favorite. I am trying to stay hydrated and I try to rest when the cramping starts. I don't know that it really helps, but that's all I can do. 

My kids have no idea what it's like to be pregnant, but they have been as understanding and helpful as can be. Last week Logan made my bed almost every day; I came downstairs to Grant sweeping without being asked and Logan wiping out the cabinet under the sink. Crazy, and lucky, I know! Joe (who knows as much as a man can know about what it's like to be pregnant) was home from work Thursday-Sunday (pure happiness), and he did a lot of cooking and cleaning--even the master bathroom, which was in pretty bad shape. He loves me.

I'm going to go ahead and write this next thing down because, yes, it made my day just a little bit. We were eating breakfast and Joe made some cute, silly comment about me looking good and asked the kids if their friends said their mom was pretty. Logan kind of blushed and quietly admitted that when I go to his school his friends tease him about me and ask how old I am. We all had a good laugh, and he says I can still visit him at school. I'm taken, 11-year old boys, and have 5ish kids to prove it, but thank you for making this "old" mom smile. 



So Ammon took this picture. He figured out a new trick: if you hold down the button on my iphone it will take about 100 pictures in 10 seconds. I'm only slightly exaggerating. It was kind of a good thing because as he was clicking away he was also waving the camera around. We had a good laugh as we looked through his blurry pictures; I'm so lucky to be able to spend my days with him. 

As you can see, we are getting ready for Christmas and to celebrate the birth of our Savior. To be honest, I hope for the entire month to be a celebration instead of just a countdown to Chrismtas Day. We took Logan out of Taekwondo for the month so that we could maximize our time and make as many memories together as possible during the month of December. This truly is the most wonderful time of the year! 



No comments: