We decided to visit Dad's office and take him to a furniture store called The Dump. Apparently they aren't open on Thursdays, so we went to the Galleria Mall instead so that I could show Joe what style of purses I like (he asked me to).
I DON'T like big gold (or even silver) chains or zipper decorations or metal studs. I also don't like fancy. Apparently I am in the minority. I like my $15 Chinatown crossover purse that stays put no matter how many kids or groceries I am hauling. Unfortunately, my faux leather purse has held too many things over the last 3 years and the faux leather is ripping and running and it's time to upgrade. I found two or three crossover purses that did not have all those metal pieces and were just plain leather with some pockets. They were nice, but more casual and practical. That's more like it.
We stopped in at the Coach store and the lady at the front was complimenting Ammon and then asked if I would have more kids. I explained that Ammon was my fourth, but the others were at school. There was the awkward one-sided conversation where she said how thin I was after having four kids. I just said thank you to this lady stranger and got ready to leave when Joe, of course, had to tell her I was pregnant. Five kids? Holy what? I'm not kidding. She called the lady from the back of the store--like from behind a door, and who also happened to be 4 months pregnant--to tell her I was pregnant with my fifth kid. Awkward. They just kept talking and asking me questions and then finally Joe and Ammon walked out and I said, "Welp, they're leaving. Gotta' go!" One more reason why you should never go anywhere alone!
(Side note here: the most marvelous response I have ever had was when I was 7 weeks pregnant and at an urgent care. I had to tell them I was pregnant, and when the dr asked how many kids and I said 5, she said, "What a wonderful blessing!" So the next time you hear something surprising, use that phrase.)
We stopped at a Jamba Juice. I seriously don't know if we've had one since we lived in Rexburg, and I was surprised they had them here in Dallas. They've changed a little and we couldn't find our old favorite, which means we will need to keep experimenting for a new favorite.
Joe wanted to take a picture while we were waiting for them to blend our drinks.
So here I am, 18 weeks. Feeling pretty good. Not too tired. I need to eat ASAP in the morning or I feel like I'm going to pass out. The baby is moving a lot; kids (and Joe) will be able to feel him/her moving very soon. Next week we will find out the gender. We'll probably tell people this time. Eventually.

No comments:
Post a Comment