Wednesday, November 12, 2014

week 14

I sort of set a goal to document/take a picture for each week of this pregnancy. I missed last week. Oh well. Logan took this one and it's not too blurry. Celebrating the small things.

14 weeks today.



I'm dressed up in black, white, and red for The Night Circus--our book club pick for the month. More pics to come, but it was fantastic. 

I feel about the same, and I'm completely wiped out by the end of the day. I have been going to bed a few minutes after we get the kids to bed--around 8:22 pm, to be exact. One night they were taking longer than usually to get in their beds and I threatened them with tears of exhaustion--it was actually quite effective.  I wake up (by myself) around 5:00 am and feel wonderful. Mornings have even been sort of productive. Alas, it is 11:06 pm right now and I'm not going to want to get up tomorrow. Shoot. 

In other news, we have never let the kids sleep in bed with us. If they have bad dreams we let them climb under the covers long enough to tell us about it, then we tell them to get back into their own beds. It's never been a problem. Recently, though, Ammon has been coming into our room in the middle of the night complaining that he's scared. His solution? He pulls his pillow and blankets into our room and sleeps on the floor next to our bed. I am choosing to celebrate his creative problem-solving abilities. Also, I remember sleeping on the floor at the end of my parents' bed. 

Alrighty. Signing out. Good night. 


*I'm doing most of my blogging these days on my phone, which is convenient, but it's also easier to make mistakes. Some  of it is autocorrect and some of it is the lack of red squiggly lines when I have a word misspelled or a period missing. I can't see what I've written on a big screen, either. So if you notice more errors than usual that's why. Thanks for understanding! 

No comments: