Karma hit. Sunday night a partner at my firm contacted me at home (where's the mercy?) and instructed me to summarize and outline the proposed bailout legislation by 2:00 pm the next day so some of the top partners in the firm can use it to discuss the organization of the firm's new task force (i.e.--a way to squeeze some work out of the financial crisis).
I went to bed and woke up really early Monday. I read that danged bill (110 pages). I read all the articles about that danged bill. Then I wrote a thick memo about the bill. I hate that bill.
While I don't think the bill addresses most of the underlying concerns, I don't think it's a bad approach to rescuing our economy from this crisis. In fact, I think most of the opposition comes from misinformed persons (from what I can tell, since most of the concerns expressed are actually dealt with in the bill). (Add: I sometimes jocularly refer to Lou Dobbs as America's most educated idiot. Hearing him jaw on about this topic has solidified my impression. How does that guy get paid???)
And now? Jenny and I have something to talk about.
7 comments:
Joe, Josh said that he is glad he is not a lawyer. In Plant Biology he has a couple of months to write something and then it goes through a peer review and a rewrite before the final paper is seen. Good job doing that project!
Hey Joe and Jenn! Please share more! Since I'm pretty sure you're the only person I know who has actually READ the bill, I'd love to hear a bit of a synopsis. Anyone? Jenn?
that was me
Great! Maybe tonight you'll be home early enough to sit and talk!?! (I don't think he's hugged or held Grant since Sunday. He wakes the other kids up every morning to watch PBS, so at least they've seen him!)
Love you,
Jenny
I wish I knew more about the bill but definitely don't want to read 110 pages of stuff!
The revised version that passed last night was 450 pps.
Post a Comment