Wednesday, May 14, 2008

This is Kirtland




One of the benefits of living in Cleveland is that our Mormon visitors have something to do while they are here. My parents used the occasion of Grant's blessing as an excuse to revisit Kirtland.



Jenny's family came in from PA to meet us in Kirtland. Here we are at the Whitney store.


Although he can't read, Logan knows exactly what the sign on the table says. This picture captures his internal struggle, debating the consequences of defying the sign.





True to form, it rained the day we planned to visit Kirtland. Sad. But not surprised.



Here my parents are explaining to Jenny what a wonderful joy I was to raise, that I caused no problems, and that basically, I raised myself. In fact, they are thinking of authoring a book on the subject, "What to do with your time when your child is mature enough to be considered a third parent."

Unfortunately, since this was all in Spanish, Jenny didn't understand a word. Too bad.

5 comments:

JT42 said...

how fun to have family come and to be able to share such a fun trip! how close is this to your home?

The JL McGregor Family said...

Depends on who is driving. Officially, I think it takes us about 25 minutes from front door to sister missionaries.

Dani said...

Hey man, I'm totally "fully invested" but we're moving to San Antonio this summer. I am DONE with school. We might go to the TCU game though.

Mat

Sherrie said...

I'll be looking for that book your parents are writing...and I'll even brush up on my Spanish. HA! That was just too funny. :)

Ashlee and Shane said...

I really like the picture of the Temple...it is cool. :)