Sunday, May 25, 2008

Take me out to the ball game

On Saturday evening, Jenny attended her first professional sporting event. After a few beers and a fight with a former professional wrestler, she spent her first night in jail.

Just kidding about the fight part. And the beer part.

And the jail part.

note from Jenn: You knew he was kidding, right? And, also, it was my first professional baseball game--but I've been to other professional sporting events. Finally, I actually really enjoyed watching the Indians beat Texas. Almost as much as I enjoyed spending time with my sweetheart (and away from the kids). We need to do this more often!

SUPER NOTE from Joe: Now that Jenny reminds me, she did indeed attend a Buffalo Sabres (Ice Hockey) game in high school. My deepest apologies. She enjoyed that game in the company of a lucky young man, who happened to not be me. No wonder I tried so hard to forget that piece of information.

The Cleveland Indians brought a 7-game losing streak into Jacobs field. The Texas Rangers were traveling as the American League's most error-laden team. Something had to give.

The night started off in classic Cleveland fashion as we pulled up to Superior and Ninth:




We had great seats right behind the Indians' dugout:



Up to bat for Tejas is Milton Bradley. That's right you Mormon game lovers: Milton Bradley. I'm not joking. I guess if you're Mama Bradley and Omar is already taken, Milton is the logical choice. The only worse name in the Majors has to be Coco Crisp. (Yeah, Coco Crisp (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6983)).


I selected this picture from about a dozen seemingly like it. Jenny took quite a few just to make sure she got one she liked. We'll see how long this one lasts.


So I wasn't kidding about the former professional wrestler part. Gracing the field this night was Sergeant Slaughter. You guy readers (both of you--and you know who you are) will remember him from either his WWF days, or his GI Joe days. Or, as in my case, both. Probably the coolest spectacle of the night was his clothesline of Ketchup during the hot dog race.

Thanks, Jenny, for attending what you consider to be the most boring sport ever with the only man present cheering for the visiting team.

2 comments:

JT42 said...

jen i'm glad that you went-no matter how boring you think it is...any ball game that is professional should be attended at least once in your life, just to say you did it ;) you look great by the way

Sherrie said...

How fun! We went to a couple of games last season, and we loved it! Of course, my favorite part of the whole game was the hot dog race. :) Okay, so in the picture of you guys, there is a woman in the background who totally looks like she's scowling at you two, it's hilarious. She has redish brown hair...check it out. But if you click on the picture and view it zoomed in, you can see that she just has a frustrated/perplexed/confused/heavy concentration look on her face and is actually watching the game.