Last night and today I went to conference called "Time Out for Women." It was marvelous. Good music, good talks, good friends--we all need a time out once in a while! (Me. . .well, I've been spoiled with a lot of "time-outs" lately, but I bought my tickets before I realized I would be gone for a week. Oh well!)
Joe wasn't home before I needed to leave, so I dropped the kids and the van keys off at a friend's and kept the car/house keys that are usually attached to my van keyring. That was last night.
Today I got a text from Joe shortly after lunch telling me that he was locked out of the house with all four kids. They decided to go out for lunch, visit REI, and stop at Half-Priced Books. A little later I got a text telling me that Madison had found a book and Joe wanted permission to buy it. Normally he wouldn't ask for permission--but this was a special book.
Now, just so you remember, we are really open about talking about puberty and sex with the kids. So I decided the book was probably ok and told him to use his judgement. I guess Joe flipped through it because about a minute later he texted: "It's got a drawing of a penis. How do you feel about that?" Again, I told him to use his judgement, and then he texted, "she thinks Logan needs to read it, too."
I just couldn't stop laughing. So he bought the book for Madison and she has been reading it all afternoon and coming to me with questions about tampons and giving me quizzes about what to do in certain situations. I looked at the drawing and it's not too pornographic--she has seen much more from her three brothers. I don't know if she will get Logan to read it, though.
Not long after that I realized that I also did not have my house keys, as I had carpooled with some friends to the conference. I advised Joe to check the kitchen sink window to see if it was unlocked--it's a half window over the sink. About an hour later I got a text informing me that he, Joe, crawled through the window. Y'all know that would be a pretty funny (and impossible) picture. Logan crawled in and saved the day.
Now BYU is winning, the kids have had their snacks, and it's time to go to bed and start all over again tomorrow. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:
Post a Comment