Tuesday, August 6, 2013

the little things that make life sweet


We have been looking for a library book for weeks. I mean looking everywhere. I was ready to just go pay the fee so we could start checking books out again. In a last-ditch effort I suggested everyone pray and look one more time. Little Ammon—just 2 years old—sat down and on his own said, “Hevly Fadder, pease hep me find mine book. Jesus Chis, amen.” I hugged him and went into the boys’ room. It was (and still is) a mess! I tidied up their bookshelf and pushed in the baskets. I noticed Ammon’s diaper basket and wondered if it was empty, as he has not worn diapers for a few months. I pulled it out and surprise of surprises! Poncho Rabbit and the Coyote was in there! The kids and I celebrated, Logan suggested we say a prayer of thanksgiving, and I pointed out that Heavenly Father had heard Ammon’s prayer, and that something as small as a library book was worth His time and help.

We finally finished Where the Red Fern Grows. Most everyone shed a few tears.

Then I noticed that Grant’s shorts were looking a little funny. They were Ammon’s 18-month pants!! He didn’t appreciate the laughs and wouldn’t let me take a picture.

So…. tears, laughs, and a prayer answered. It’s been a good day!



Ah yeah, I have a lot of catching up to do. But here are the kids down on the farm in PA. They were always begging Grandpa to take them for a ride. Don't worry, he didn't drive them all around at the same time. We just thought it would be a cute picture. 

No comments: