I sat down with the kids for a few minutes to go over address and phone numbers. Logan and Madison have that info down, but Grant is still practicing. So I asked Grant if he knew my phone number.
Grant: "Oh yeah, Mom."
Mom: "What is it?"
Grant: "Oh, 1-900-...."
Mom: "Wait Wait Wait a second here. Don't tell people that!!!"
It looks like we have some work to do around here!
In other news, Grant has been doing a lot of writing lately. Another getting ready for kindergarten thing, I guess. Sometimes he just puts a bunch of letters together and asks me what it spells. I sound it out, and it might sound like, "pbtks." "No mom, that's not a word!" Ok, then. He's been getting better at sounding out words and trying to get some sounds that make up real words.
So today he wrote me a letter. I couldn't figure it out. . . but apparently it said that Logan thought he was the man of the house and he bossed everyone around and that Grant wanted to make sure I knew that Logan was not the man of the house. The only thing I could read is "the" on the first line and "damn" right there in the middle. I'm not sure what he was really trying to say, but *dang* that made me laugh!
And finally, I'm starting to get a little bit worried about what Ammon is going to do when everyone goes off to school and he is stuck with just me all day. I tried to talk about it with him a few days ago, and it ended in some denial crying. He asks us every day if he can go to school and when we tell him no, he can go when he is 5, he says, "I five! I go to school!" He has a cute little backpack and when it's time for everyone to do some homework (yah, I'm that mean summer mom) he pulls out a Peter Pan coloring book and some crayons from his backpack and announces that he's doing his homework.
The End.

No comments:
Post a Comment