This week has had especially good comments, some of which included:
"Wow, you're busy, aren't you." (hear that one a lot)
"Did you buy all the strawberries in the store?" (bought 25 lbs to make jam)
"Are you done having kids? You should stop. They are so expensive." (who says that out loud?)
*************************************
Also, this week has been crazy. Every single night has been filled with meetings and activities and practices and fulfilling of church callings. I seriously cannot remember my house ever being this messy. It's exhausting. "Everyone" says this is easy, and my life will be chaos when I have teenagers. CAN"T WAIT! I'm going to crawl in a hole.
***fast-forward 48 hours to a better mood, and now I'm thinking, "Bring it on! I've got this!" Well, at least for today.
*************************************
Grant just came and told me that "we have a mean baby." Together we look at Ammon, and Ammon just smiles sweetly.
4 comments:
Who does say that out loud? How awful. And I can just picture Ammons sweet smile. Too funny.
We have a mean baby too. :) Did you tell them: Wow. That was rude. You should stop. It'll cost you a lot of friends and that's way more expensive than a few diapers. :) I never do either. But I wish I did.
John and I were joking one evening after putting the kids to bed that we love bedtime and a family member replied by saying "Wow! maybe you should not have any more children." This was shortly after I had expressed to that person that we have infertility problems. Some people just need to keep their mouth's shut!
-Carrie
Did someone really say that children are expensive? They are essentially free (and fun) to produce, guaranteed not to decrease in value, give you a great return on investment, and pay dividends daily. Next time you can ask him/her what "toy" they just bought for themselves, and whether they can say the same thing.
Post a Comment