Today, while Joe was visiting a family that he home-teaches, I left the kids playing together and went up to my room, shut the door, and ate some dark chocolate mini Hershey candy bars while I stretched out on my bed. The silence and aloneness was lovely.
I spent a few minutes laughing to myself while I though about Logan. He gets up early. Like 5 a.m. early. So that he can spend time reading, playing on the computer, and making Pokemon cards before going to school. He doesn't want to wake up his brothers, so he gets dressed in the dark, and sometimes his attire can be a little interesting.
Like the time that his pants were on backwards.
Or the other day, just as he was getting ready to walk out the door, I heard Joe say to him, "Go ask your mom if those are your pants." (I'm giggling just writing this down.) So he walks into the kitchen and says, "Are these my pants?" I look at him, and they fit him perfectly (most of his pants are pretty big, as you can see above). I tell him to pull up his shirt, and when he does, I see that the jeans are pretty tight around the waste with heart pockets that are pretty tight on his bum. Apparently they had somehow been put in his folded laundry pile (ok, it must've been me, but that's unusual!), and he had just pulled a pair of pants out of his drawer in the dark. I wish I had a picture, but he's probably glad I don't. When I asked Joe about it he said, "Well, I thought they looked a little too fashionable (think boys wearing skinny jeans) on him." We all had a good laugh, but good thing we caught it before he got to school.
************************
Also, ever since my pregnancy with Ammon I have been getting extremely hot at night. Part of that is that we live in a warm area. Part of it is that I grew up in PA and we didn't have heat upstairs where we slept, so I prefer it to be very cold when I sleep. And it doesn't help that for some crazy reason the master bedroom is the hottest room in the house (even after closing all the vents, AND turning the heat down to 60 degrees!). So, without embarrassing myself too much, let me just say that I have been extremely uncomfortable temperature-wise when I sleep. In fact, I have been contemplating going to get my blood taken to see if I am going through menopause at the age of 30!!
I bought a duvet cover.
My plan was to put a very, very thin, old quilt (hardly thicker than a sheet) inside of it so that I would still have a blanket, but one that would not make me sweat all night.
Tell me, please, how you keep the blanket from bunching up inside of the duvet?
But I have slept better this past week than I have for a very, very long time.
Lucky for me that my husband is a good sport. :)

2 comments:
Sew some ties on the corners of the quilt and some ties on inside corners of the duvet cover (turn the duvet cover inside out and sew ties on the corners) You can tie the corners together to keep it from bunching and untie them to remove the duvet cover to be washed. Does that make sense?
Brittney is way more enterprising... I would just needle and thread that baby with crosstiching thread in a few places.
(Matthew wants his jeans "fashionable and George looks at me like it's my fault)
Post a Comment