Friday, March 9, 2012

Shoe Tying

A few months ago I bought Madison some sneakers with shoelaces. In other words, it was time to learn how to tie. I gave Joe the assignment because I had previously been unsuccessful.

About 5 minutes later (or less) he said, "Good job! You are a fast learner." I abruptly turned around and said, "What? She can do it already? Impossible." Madison showed me her new skill, and I thought, "Wow! Joe is a good teacher!" I praised her and Joe for their good work.

Then Madison pulls me into the kitchen and whispers into my ear, "Don't tell Dad, but I already knew how."

5 comments:

Molly said...

Matthew's teacher taught him how... so glad I didn't have to.

Abby said...

I love Madison. She's like my big sister far away. She's teaching me so much. I can't wait to get bigger and do what she does!

New Family said...

What a sweet little girl!!! I love to little selfless moments come out with children!

Ammieloris said...

Haha! Too cute.

Amy Gibson said...

she knew how because YOU taught her!!! But let's just keep Joe blind to that fact. Stroke the Dad ego. JUST teasing! That so cute! Thanks for sharing!