I read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day to the kids. We talked about some things that made a bad day, and then I gave them the assignment to write in their journals what would make a very good day. I wish I could actually show you what Logan did, but words will have to suffice. He made a little illustrated book; here's how it goes:
(p. 1)
A marvales super duper Owsom good deliteful tirific good Wondiful day!
table of contens
chapter one: time to eat
chapter two: go to school
chapter three: Huray
(p.2.)
Chapter one:
This morning I woke up early and got the table set without anybody asking and I got Braekfast.
(p.3)
I chose my favorit one. oatmeal. Except my seven broters and five sisters do not like it. But they have to eat it anyway.
(p.4)
Then it was time to eat. We all race to the table and I won. I knew it was going to be a mavales day.
(p.5)
chapter two: time for school!
I was first to get redy for school. At school I was the only one hwo got a 100 on the test. I got my number moved up to a five.
(p.6)
chapter three: Huray!
When I got home I did my favorit sport: jumping on the trampleing. I got my favorit treat before bed. That night I had good dreams.
(p.7)
And what do you think happened next? Another good day. Hurray!
(p.8)
About the auther
When Logan was a kid he read alexander and the terrible Horible verry bad day.
He rerote it. but changed a lot.
OK, maybe I'm a little biased, but besides being super cute, my 7 year old is pretty brilliant! He obviously reads a lot; his use of punctuation and arrangement of the book is pretty impressive. I also learned a lot about what a good day is to him... service, and "beating" everyone else! I have to say, it's pretty rewarding to be a mom when these experiences happen on an almost daily basis. :)
1 comment:
It IS so very cute. I'm impressed at his book organization and how it was all done. And only 7! I love the about the author section. :)
Post a Comment