
Have you ever played the game of life? Well, we just landed on the space that says, "Owners just sent you a letter saying they are moving back to the house you are renting. You have one month to pack up everything you own, find a house, and move."
I've been complaining about this house for the past 18 months; I've even been looking at places around here that are up for rent. But I thought time was on my side. We just bought a desk and moved the computer into the living area. We just set up the treadmill so I can still exercise in the 100 degree weather we've been having. We just got the kids signed up to go to this great school. We are starting to feel like we have a real place in the ward and neighborhood we are living in. HAHAHA!! The joke is on me!!
You know how I had all these great ideas for the kids and I to do this summer... well... I guess we'll be moving instead. I feel like every time we start to get back on top of things something else comes crashing down. Good thing Heavenly Father knows what he's doing, right?
I hate moving.
OK, on the bright side of things... maybe we can find a nicer house, bigger, for a similar price?? Closer to where Joe's office is?
Maybe it's easier to move just a few miles away than it is to move 1500 miles across the country? Please PLEASE tell me it is!!
6 comments:
Oh, that is no fun at all. Yuck.
:) It IS a lot easier to move just a few miles. For one thing, you don't have to pack everything up really well at first, THEN load the truck and THEN clean. You can take your time, taking a few to several small loads, packing more stuff that you find, and trucking more loads. And then you can spend a few days cleaning the house. Meanwhile you can sleep and eat at a different house! It's still work, but it's SO much easier than moving across the country.
However, I don't envy you your short notice and moving with a newborn. We'll pray you find a great house soon!
The "magnet" schools are all the more reason to stay in Rowlett 1st ward! :) Just sayin'!
Ohhh Jen. I'm sorry you have to pack. Just packing for a 3 week stay with my parents is driving me crazy (mostly cuz they have no toys or any childrens things and I have to find a way to bring it all in tiny suit cases). I'm sorry things are hard. We love and miss ya. I'd offer to sit but, well we are very far away.
At first I thought you literally meant you were playing the game of life and landed on that space! Haha! Oh Jenn, I H-A-T-E moving! I'm sorry. Just when you feel like you're getting settled in you have more change. Good luck and hopefully this will be a good change.
P.S. Logan's story is super cute.
I am so sorry, Jenn! That is hard with everything you have going, but if anybody can do it with grace, you can!
I loved your after-school social skills post. I thought it was very telling about your kids' personalities. It's neat to get to know who people are as opposed to "what they do." However, I often just write about our activities on our blog.
I've enjoyed reading your blog!
Post a Comment