The doc has been telling me for weeks that I am measuring small. Like 2 weeks small. I very seriously and earnestly have been telling him that I have big babies. So today we had an ultrasound to see just how big that baby is... and with over 6 weeks to go he/she is measuring over 5 pounds. FIVE POUNDS!! I'm guessing that another 1 1/2 months of cooking will produce a very big baby. (Grant was 8lb 12 oz... and I was induced 1 1/2 weeks early! According to previous OBGYN's, I'm kinda' small down there... hence the reason I have to get episiotomys every time.) The sonographer mentioned that maybe the baby would be born at, like, 37 weeks... I told her it wouldn't.
I'm working up a good way to ask the Dr. just how willing he is to induce early.
p.s. Baby is healthy and in perfect position to deliver. I shouldn't complain.
3 comments:
Hey Jenny! I'm measuring big (2 weeks ahead)this time around and feel so huge and uncomfortable. I had an ultrasound last week and with 3-4 weeks to go, he's measuring about 9lbs (plus or minus a pound). My doctor has talked about induction but I was really hoping to avoid pitocin. I really am ready to have my body back though and am a little nervous how big this baby might actually be.
Eldon and Lilly came right around their due date, so if we don't induce I'm not expecting this baby to come for another 2 or more weeks. Sigh. Not quite sure what to do...
BTW, you are looking great!
You are so close to being done!!!!!!! I didn't realize your kids were born so big. You can do it! I can't wait to see your baby... wish I was there to help you with the first few weeks. Do you have family coming to help?
You are ADORABLE. So cute.
Post a Comment