Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wisdom Teeth & Tomatoes


Two quick notes from this weekend:

On Thursday morning I had three of my four wisdom teeth pulled. With all the dentists in the ward, I finally gave in to peer pressure. I had put off the operation for years, fearing that I would fail to wake up from the anesthesia. My jaw finally hurt so bad that I couldn't make it another week. The operation was performed by a knife-wielding oral surgeon named Dr. Blood (no kidding). 

The pain wasn't so bad at first, and even made it to Logan's preschool orientation Thursday night. But each day got progressively worse. Pain meds helped very little (vicadin just made me throw up). It started to worry me a bit, so during halftime of the BYU game Dave Latham took a peak in my mouth and assured me that everything was fine. 

Jenny, I will say, has enjoyed a weekend full of me talking less.

Tonight, Jenny made a salsa cruda,  an italian pasta sauce using uncooked tomatoes. The tomatoes were plucked from our very own vegetable garden, and flavored with basil from our spice garden. It was superb; fresh, flavorful, and a perfect way to finish out a summer. She's an amazing cook.

1 comment:

Ashlee and Shane said...

Hey! Yes, please do come with us next year to the airshow! It is so fun! Would you guys be up for camping this weekend? That is a great idea to have Joe take our pics! I wish i would have thought of that! We need to get together!