Thursday, August 7, 2008

We're Going to the Doctor...

Well, Grant and Madi went yesterday for checkups, and Logan goes today for a hearing and vision test that he needs for preschool.  The stats are.....

Madison: 31 lb, 38 in.  (90% height, 30% weight, 3% together).  She's a healthy, tall, skinny girl.  

Grant: 16 lb 10 oz! and 27 1/2 in.  (90th height, 75% weight, 50% together).  He's healthy as well. 

Madison and Grant were great patients.  Madison answered all her questions, Grant smiled at the dr. as she checked him out.  Here's the best part, though.  Madison had to get 1 shot to complete the Hep (b?) shot she got in Utah--which isn't a routine vaccination here in Ohio.  She screamed and screamed.  I had to hold her while she wiggled.  Grant?  Three shots.  The first one he kind of whimpered for a second, then smiled.  He just looked at me for the next two (heartbreaking, I know) and let out a soft, sad sound.  As soon as I picked him up he was a smiley, happy boy again.  I'm not sure who was more surprised, the nurse or me!  


1 comment:

H.Cook said...

wow, grant is big! he is going to be a "chill" little dude, isn't he? he takes shots better than I do!