Monday, August 4, 2008

Sigh....


I'm so excited!  With Joe's help, I have learned how to put some music I like on the playlist.  I do like Joe's music, especially if I am in a cleaning mood.  But I also like an array of country, blues, jazz, classical, oldies... 

In a different direction: I painted that bookshelf.  It doesn't look as nice as I had hoped.  I think doing a second coat might help.  Ah well.  It was a $5 experiment.

And summer is coming to an end way too fast.  Madison's third birthday is next week.  (Which leads me back to the first song on the playlist.)  I gave myself a few minutes to feel a little sad about how things change.  It's so thrilling and so sobbingly sad at the same time.  I SO don't want to change diapers for the rest of my life (Madison is potty-trained.  I'm just being metaphorical), but I want to remember what she looks like today and what her cute, high-pitched, girly voice sounds like.  I swear, every year goes by faster than the last.  Logan starts preschool in the fall, Grant will be a toddler soon, and I'll miss everything in the time that it takes to blink.  

So Joe, you thought the last post was random, and I bet you are wondering where this one came from.  I'm glad there is one thing won't change over the years.  I have you.....

3 comments:

Julia and Aaron said...

I know what you mean. It really is so exciting to see them get bigger and accomplish different feats, but, at the same time, you miss your little baby. Logan and Madison have grown up so beautifully!

The Boyles said...

I can totally relate- I think I was sad about Jordan's haircut not so much because his hair was gone but because he looked so much more grown up and I know my little boy isn't so little any more! He starts full day Kindergarten in a few weeks and I am already having a hard time!

alli taggart said...

oh i know! I can't believe my baby is one in three weeks! The other day I was saying something so similar to Kyle. I certainly don't miss getting up all the time at night, and I love that Kathryn can play and make us laugh, but sometimes I miss how she would just cuddle in my arms without wriggling out of them :).
oh, and for some reason in sunday school we were talking about fire and how it can be good and bad, and I remembered a post with Logan's questions-"why can hot things kill us?" and I chuckled.