Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Joe




First of all, this is Joe's music. Although I'm a huge fan of Joe, his music is not my favorite. That being said, I have to tell you about his new calling. Joe was called on Sunday to be the second counselor in the bishopric. I know that this calling will help him to grow and will be a blessing to our family. BUT, I can't say I'm too excited about it. Most of you know that Joe's work is...well, he works a lot. (Wouldn't it be great if husbands could stay home with us all day?) So I am pretty selfish about the time we have with him, and I'm not exactly looking forward to doing Sundays alone. On the up-side, I knew I married a wonderful man (so you see I'm just reaping the rewards of having a good husband) and I am so, so thankful that Logan, Madison, and Grant have such a great example of what a dad should be like. We love you Dad!


To Jenny

First of all, thanks for posting perhaps the most unflattering picture of me you could find. I do realize, however, that's it's (increasingly) difficult to find one where I look like anything but a spokesperson for Frito-Lay. What happened to all those pictures where people kept confusing me with Antonio Banderas? Did they get lost in the move?

Secondly, it is important to remember that "no man is an island." What Donne really meant when he said that was that no man could walk a straight line without his wife. You were there to make sure I studied when all I really wanted to do was watch Sportscenter reruns. You were there to deliver our children when the nurses tried to keep your feeble husband from fainting at the site of blood. And you are there every day when I come home depressed after being picked on by bullies at work. If it weren't for you, I'd probably be living in a van right now, down by the river . . . .

And finally, the only real value I can offer as far as being an example goes is how to marry WAY out of my league. I'm pretty good at that.

4 comments:

H.Cook said...

Jen, if there's ANYTHING we can ever do to help lighten your family's burdens, let me know!! I know Joe will do so good at his new calling, it felt so right when I heard them announce his name. He is Very lucky to have a wife like you!!!

Natalie said...

It's always good to be married to someone who thinks they aren't worthy of you! Way to go Jen.
Good luck with your family's new calling. We can hang out together on Sundays.
Natalie

Ashlee and Shane said...

YOu guys are sooo funny! Jen, you need to come hang out with me this summer! BTW...i came to meet you all at the zoo, but forgot Jessica's phone number...i saw her leaving as i was leaving. Sorry i missed ya'll.

JT42 said...

oh dear, doing sunday's alone is not fun...but with his calling it will be worth it! hang in there, pray alot :)
you two are so sweet-i miss talking to you and having you make me laugh at the dumb things i think and say :)