1. I still don't know what I'm doing. Let me explain. When I look back four years and six months I wonder just how Logan survived! I know the hospital nurses must have been worried about sending him home with us. But, he did survive, and he's a pretty good guy. This time I felt good about bringing home the new baby. However, I still don't know how to get babies to sleep through the night. (I do feel like I know how to take care of him, though. Knock on wood, but I haven't had any of those "what do I do?" moments. Yet.) I still don't know when I need to take kids to the doctor. This week Grant's eye started sticking together. Then it got swollen. I knew it couldn't be pink eye. I decided it was a clogged tear duct. The Internet tells me it's not a big deal--it will go away by itself. But I think it could be infected. First I call my mom and ask her what she thinks. Then I call and make an apt. Then I call a pediatrician in our ward (Thanks Sis. Pack). Then I call back 5 minutes later and cancel the apt. Then I wait a few hours and reschedule. It is a clogged tear duct, and it was infected, so now I get to put ointment in his eyes three times a day. As you can guess, Grant loves that!
2. Being tired makes me cranky. Ok, so I already knew that. Mix it up with some crazy hormones and three kids, and Mom becomes easily upset.
3. The chore chart works. Logan, especially, thinks it is fun to do chores so that he can put the star up. This makes mom less cranky--10 stars=movie. This gives me an hour of no fighting, time to rest, and a clean playroom!
4. I am so lucky to be a mom. It's challenging sometimes, but at the end of the day, when all three kids are tucked in their beds (for who knows how long) I count my blessings: Joseph, Logan, Madison, and Grant.

Joe. I tell him I married him because he ironed my clothes
and made me food while we were dating. I'm not joking--
that is why I "fell in love" with him. Not only does he
take care of our family financially, he still helps me around
the house. He loves to cook, he cleans, he plays
with the kids. He encourages me to go out with the girls and
to continue my education. And, he's funny. (Sorry, my posts
just can't compare with his!) What more could I ask for? I
am so lucky and thankful for my hubby.

Logan. Last night we played hide-and-seek. Logan found
some pretty good hiding places: under Madison's bed and
under his pillow. The problem? He wants us to find him!
He giggles loudly so we know exactly where he is. I hid in
my bedroom and quickly realized where he gets this from--
I wanted to giggle too, thinking how fun it was going to be
when he looked around the corned and discovered me!
Logan is smart. He's figured out that every letter has a
sound and we delight in asking him how to spell words and
hearing him sound out the word is thrilling. Our next step
is to figure out "oo" and "th" and other confusing sounds.
He's ready.

Madi. It's hard to pick which picture to post for Madison.
She, unlike Logan, is super quiet when playing hide-and-
seek. She gets that from Joe. She has just started to play
dress-up, and her funny faces make us laugh. She's a
girly-girl--she loves to paint her fingernails and has taken
up stick-on earrings. Yesterday she somehow got hold of
my blush. She came downstairs with orange cheeks and
a big smile.

Grant. He's only 3 weeks old, but he's already developing
his own personality. He's calm and content. I can't decide
if he's just a great baby or if I am becoming a better mom.
He's the first of our kids to sleep in the crib right away. Today
he played peek-a-boo with Madison. OK, he probably didn't
know what was going on, but he's put up with a lot from
a brother and sister who love him so much. He still hasn't
figured out how to sleep through the night, but that is my
only complaint. As of Tuesday (when we went to the dr.
for his eye) he weighed 9 lb. 8 oz. What a big boy! He
inherited some of me--the hook nose, and blue eyes
(which I realize will probably turn brown), and he's lighter
complected than the other kids. It's so fun to watch them
grow up and see who and what they will become.
2 comments:
I enjoyed this post. It was fun to read! You sound like a fabulous mom and sounds like you have a wonderful husband! :)
Thanks, Jenny. Being so short on brains and good looks, I had to do SOMETHING to seize the brief opportunity I had to capture your attention.
Post a Comment