Monday, September 9, 2013

words, words, words

I've been thinking about literacy rates. I did a quick google search and couldn't find any statistics, but I'm 99.99% sure that in no other period of time have so many people been able to read and write. It's amazing! And what a blessing--to be able not only read, but to be able to write down your thoughts and feelings and to be able to share them with other people who can read and write. 

Today Ammon has been a mess. Really! I think it all started with getting up at 6:00 a.m. and then not eating his oatmeal for breakfast. He has been hungry and crying all morning, so he ate an early lunch and is taking his nap now. I feel like that means I have an enormous amount of free time, but what it probably really means is that I better get everything I want to get done fast--because he'll wake up from his nap earlier than usual.

One of the things on my to-do list was to tidy up the office--and I found some words I wanted to share. I left them in their original form and spelling. 

from Madison
Dear Mom

I Dont like this house anymore. There is nothine new. Come up here and talk to me. I've very unhappy. Plus I am always very lonly.

I am mad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

from Madi
Dear Mom
~~~~~~~~~~~
Are u coming I am crying. If you are coming Great and please hurry up. I am very lonely. And I have nothing to do. I just can't stand it. And problably nothing will cheer me up. And all I want is to be alone. but do I get to be alone? No, not ever. Madi do this, Madi do that. Oh please mom do hurry up. I'm waiting. Tick Tock. Tick tock. 



Logan

When I grow up...

When I grow up I want to own a restant. I have started planning how to get to the point. I am going to save up my money that I get for allowence, birthday money, or other money I get. With my free time I will study cookbooks. I have allready started making my own bread, cookies, pizza (including the dough), muffins, jam, and mashed potatoes. When I get realy good at cooking I will collect things I cook and toy cars I have made and other toys or drawing Is have made. Then I will keep making them as I sell them. After a couple of years I will go to college. By the time I am done I will go back to saving money. Soon enough I will have enough money to buy my house and to have a restant built. Then I'll start cooking and selling in the restrant, all by myself. But then when I have the money I will hire employese to help me cook. I hope my cooking will be so good that costumers will come allt he time. Then I will have enough for the isurance, my kids, my employese, and myself. I can pay for a car, for books, but most inportantly, the restraunts insurance, my houses isurance, my car isurance, my familys life insurance, and taxes. This is how I plan to make a living. 



Don't you love words, too?! 




1 comment:

Molly said...

Logan seems so much more into insurance than Matthew. When he asked about it and I explaned what insurance was Matthew got really mad and told me it sounded like I was PLANNING on things to fail. He pointed out that Nick (his gymnastics coach) and I are always saying that you have to believe that something will work or it will surely fail, and it sounded to him like I didn't believe in anything good at all. I then tried to explain that insurance is for things we don't have control over, like house fires, major illness, and death. However Matthew remains skeptical and says he won't get insurance for himself, he will simply be awesome so he doesn't need it, and maybe George and I should just try and be more awesome.