Saturday, September 21, 2013

The end of an era?

I stayed up way too late talking to some fabulous ladies. Maybe that's why it's so easy for me to tear up today.

Or. . .

Maybe it's realizing that it might be the end of an era.

The last few months I have been going through and getting rid of stuff. Baby stuff. I've gotten rid of car seats, high chairs, the pack and play, and I've been purging through baby clothes. I haven't kept a lot of clothes; all the boys' clothes fit into 2 bins and all of the Madison's old clothes fit into one. I've been giving her stuff away as she grows out of it because there was no one in our family to hand it down to, and I just saved a few of my favorite outfits for every stage.

But next month I'm going to visit my sister, who just had a baby girl, so I decided to go through and see what we had to pass on.

And I cried.

I don't know what is harder. Seeing all the cute things and remembering that not so long ago Madison was wearing them or realizing that this really might be the end of the baby era for me. I've been able to see all the boys wear their cute clothes (and by the third round. . . not so cute clothes), but the girl stuff--I don't know if I got enough of it!

Really mixed emotions.

Or I could just need a nap.

One of the outfits I kept.

I just found this picture and thought it was cute. 
Potty-training is one thing I won't miss. 

2 comments:

H.Cook said...

I feel/felt the same way about going through Clara's clothes-- so many emotions!. I always thought they would get one more use but alas, the few I've kept might just have to wait for grandkids. Hard to leave the baby stage, but feels great to help others too :) Miss you!

Tamera Brose said...

Ya know passing clothes along and other baby stuff is one almost sure way to get pregnant. Just kidding. A nap will help, but this is a hard transition even if you had all the sleep in the world. Babies are just wonderful and it's easy to forget just how hard it is to have one. They really suck your time and energy. If you need a reminder, just get a puppy. It's too bad Rene isn't closer and you could be a hands on Auntie and see all the cute clothes used again.