I don't know how it works at your house, but at our house, the ideal evening routine goes something like this:
Mom gets kids bathed and in jammies before dinner.
Dad gets home.
Dinner.
Divide and Conquer: One parent cleans up dinner while the other parent helps with bedtime routines and upstairs pick-up.
Kids are in bed by 8:00 and house is returned to a somewhat less-chaotic state.
Tonight Joe chose clean-up. I hollered throughout the house that it was time for family prayer. (Sometimes it takes a few hollers.) Ammon, Grant, and Mom and Dad were waiting on the two stragglers, and Dad rubbed his tired eyes and said, "My eyeballs are falling out." Grant looked up with a mixture of wonder and concern and said, "Can I see?"
******************
More celebrating:
*I got this bike!!
*I can ride it!! (It's been at least 17 years.)

1 comment:
Heh Heh Heh. You have a cute family. And you are, too.
Post a Comment