Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Getting Ready

I just put the kids in bed and am getting ready to finish the cleaning before Joe picks up my parents and grandma from the airport. I'm listening to Christmas music and thinking. I don't get a lot of time to do that. 

So for memory's sake, here are some of those thoughts:

I can't wait for everyone to get here and to start celebrating. Fun fun fun!

We are SO blessed. Sometimes I complain, and sometimes I can only see the green grass on the other side.

But: I have a good husband. I have four beautiful, healthy, smart, good children. I grew up in a good house with wonderful parents and I got a good education. I am able to stay home and play with the kids. Joe's work is going well. We live in a great house with modern conveniences that could not have even been dreamed about 100 years ago. I have the gospel and know and understand my purpose in life. We are about to celebrate our Savior's birth and life, and I am SO grateful for His atonement. 

Life is really great. 

1 comment:

Bridi said...

I've been having a lot of the same thoughts. Remember a few years ago when we were so full of worry? Things seem to have a way of falling into place! Have a great Thanksgiving!