Friday, November 4, 2011

Joe's Birthday

Did I tell you about the time in May or June that I found Joe's facebook left open and decided to get even with him for all the times he'd left funny things on my status? I changed his birthday for the next day and everyone started wishing him happy birthday. I thought I was pretty hilarious; him, not so much. He then broke into my account and changed my relationship from married to single and people started commenting on my changed status. That didn't make me too happy. He claimed he was just playing a similar joke; I stand firm in my belief that the two jokes were not equally funny. 

Anyway. Today really is his birthday. And I am about to play a little joke on him (he's on his way home in the car, surely he won't read this before I get my chance?!). I'll tell you about it later. But instead of me writing some gloopy corny post about how wonderful he is, I thought it might be fun if you left some kind of memory you had of something he said or did. Because he's getting pretty old, and pretty soon he will be forgetting everything, so help me give him the best gift of all: written memories. 

hehehehe. please play! leave a comment!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I remember how nice Joe always was to Eric. I loved watching them as they shared their love for music. I really respected that a guy as busy as Joe would take the time to talk to us, and Eric. And that he was so supportive of Eric's career when a lot of people thought it was crazy.

Happy Birthday Joe!

Lisa C said...

I remember his work on the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe (I'd be interested in the final conclusion, if it's not top secret)!

Rachel said...

I remember his love of German chocolate crunch. Oh man that was some god stuff.

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday Joe! Many memories of discussing BYU football and BBQ recipes...too bad we never got to have a good cookout on those Wymount grills. Long live Complex 4!

Molly said...

He totally helped move a COUCH into my basement, which makes him aces in my book!