Long, personal, story short: our previous landlords are denying our deposit back for totally BOGUS reasons like we didn't give a 30 day notice (HELLO, they sent us a certified mail letter saying we had to be out by July 8 because they were moving back in).
I am so very happy to be out of that crappy disgusting house.
We put up with so much from those landlords, too. Like, when we moved in (and the house was absolutely disgustingly filthy--which they are now saying we didn't clean it HAH) and the heater was broken and the house was FORTY degrees inside and then it took them a MONTH to fix it. Oh yeah, and then the air conditioning and heater went out in September and they didn't fix it until December (we called a LOT).
Seriously lady? Did you know my husband is an attorney?!
Do you ever just feel so ANGRY and like someone is totally WRONG, and it affects YOU, and you can't let it GO?
What do you do? Because I don't know if there is anything I can do about it, and feeling angry isn't going to make things better. And in the long run, it doesn't really matter. . . so I'm out $1300. . . but I was going to use that money to buy my furniture!!
8 comments:
Oh Jenny this is tragic! I just read your two posts back to back! I am sorry that your check isn't going to show up. I hope that you are able to get your new furniture sooner rather than later.
I saw your facebook status and clicked over here to see if you went into more detail. I hate situations like that. David got in a car accident a few months ago and totaled our car. He was driving over an overpass and as he came over saw that the car in front of him was completely stopped. He slammed on his brakes swerved and still smashed into the car. Well she in turn hit the car in front of her. However the man in the front car said he was hit twice. So she must have hit him and that's why she was stopped and then David hit her causing her to hit him again. She lied and told the cops that David only hit her. She said nothing about hitting the other car first. So David was blamed for the whole accident our car was totaled her's had minor damage and the man in front practically nothing. We lost our car, David has to go to court and we were blamed for something that was not our fault. Its not fair that some people choose to lie and get away with it causing other people financial pain. I don't like people that choose to be dishonest. Its so lame. I guess for me the best thing is time. Hopefully she comes around and realizes that you deserve that money back.
put up a fight! most landlords of that type will try to sneak anything by, but if they know you are willing to take legal action they might back down. at least try! you can file in small claims court and then show that to your landlord along with the letter SHE sent you, etc. i bet she'll back down.
I would be furious as well ESPECIALLY the fact that it's so ridiculous! My suggestion is prayer. That's the only way you'll be able to truly get over it. It's worked for me and I've been able to feel that hatred and uneasiness literally lift out of my heart. The Atonement is amazing! I hope things work out for you.
Boo! Boo boo boo. You know, I believe that letting go of things we can't control or of the hurts we've suffered helps us feel better and that it's worth it, but sometimes, well, sometimes you can't just let go. Sometimes someone else really needs to change. Good luck coping with this one. :( It's a doozy.
I would totally fight it. I am sure that they would have to have evidence that you did not clean or any of their other claims. In a lot of small claims courts the loser actually has to pay the fees to. You obviously would win on the point of 30 days notice. That is a lot of money to just say goodbye to. They will just continue to do things like this unless someone stands up. Ewwww - I am mad for you to. You documented some of those stories on your blog that are dated and evidence that they had problems.
I would fight it... I would keep calling them and annoying them. :)
Yes, I've had those feelings. It takes a lot of prayer and a lot of faith that Heavenly Father will help you get over those feelings. And sometimes it just takes time.
But don't let it consume you to the point that you become a bitter person for it. You might need to stew for a little while now, but don't let this be something you're still upset about 30 years from now.
Post a Comment