Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Six Girly Years Gone By


OK. . . seriously. . . aren't you just laughing at the variety of clothes my children are wearing?! It is so revealing of everyone's personalities. Logan is up bright and early and already dressed for church. Madison is wearing WINTER pajamas in the middle of summer in Texas, and Grant has on his pajama bottoms and no shirt. HAH!! I love it!

The kids spent the entire day in front of the playhouse. At least there is a boy doll and an airplane there. . .right?

(can you tell the outside is white and the inside a very light shade of purple?) Also, I don't know where the rest of the Barbie furniture is. That was fast!
Wahoo!


I should be snoozing in my bed. . . but since the only time I seem to have to myself is late at night I am creating another tired day tomorrow. Ah well. Such is life. :)

Madison turned SIX yesterday, and I couldn't help but stare at her all day and try to remember what it felt like to cradle her in my arms. I can remember getting her ready for bed and just giggling together. I can remember her reaching up to me and saying, "Pick you up! Pick you up!" She meant, of course, "pick me up!" A million little memories I can remember, but the only way I can remember what she looked at throughout the years is to look through pictures. (click here to see her 3rd b-day.) I just spent too much time looking through old photos and wondering which sibling she looks like. ? I wish I had gotten a picture of her in her church clothes; she looked so cute today! I'm so grateful for cameras!! I love having a little girl. She is spunky and spicy and oh so sweet.

This year I bought her a huge doll house from craigslist (for a steal of a deal) and painted it for her. I found some barbie furniture on sale after Christmas. I've been hanging on to her birthday presents for so long that I'm not sure how much of a surprise it really was. Still, she loves it. In fact, Logan and Grant love it too. Even Joe hasn't said anything about the boys playing Barbies with Madison.

Six things you should know about Madison:

1. Madison is our social butterfly. She gets her people skills from her daddy.
2. Madison is a girly tomboy. For example, she likes to carry around purses. . . filled with cars. I think it's a happy medium. :)
3. Madison has the longest tongue I have ever seen (but only because I can't see mine).
4. Madison loves to help. She wants to help me cook and clean and take care of baby Ammon. I need to soak it in all I can before she changes her mind.
5. Madison loves to write. I find notes all over the place. . . some that say "I love you," some that say "you made me sad today" and some that have lists of everything and anything you can think of. The day we left she hurriedly scribbled a note on a pink card and passed it through the window to Grandma and Grandpa that said, "I just wanted to say I love you." Awww!
6. Madison can be very sweet and loving. . . or downright mean. It's a glimpse of what we've got coming the next few years. What I've found, though, is that she mirrors me. . . so that's some responsibility I've got, huh?
6 1/2. Madison has the BEST conversations to eavesdrop on (is that how you say it?). A few weeks ago when we were at my parent's house she was talking to my grandma (her great-grandma) about the Star Wars movies. Some how it led to the war in heaven. Then I heard something that went like this.
Grandma: Oh, I don't like the war in heaven.
Madi: Yeah, I guess you're going to be going there pretty soon.
Grandma: Then I'll get to see my sweetheart.
Madi: What do dead people look like?
Grandma: Oh, they look like happy people who are sleeping in a pretty box.
Madi: Well, I'm sure gonna miss you.

Well I was shaking with laughter and slightly horrified, but my grandma wasn't offended and I guess it was actually a really sweet conversation about death.

I just love her to pieces. She's beautiful. But more importantly, she's smart and good and sweet and she's mine!!

Her she is doing a hand-clap with my mom. Can't figure out how to turn it, so you'll just have to turn your head!

1 comment:

Ammieloris said...

Yay! Happy Birthday, Madison. (I love the overheard conversation about her nearly dead Great-grandma!)