Tuesday, June 9, 2009

As of today

"Mom, is it true? (Friend at school) was shaking his head really fast and my teacher told him he better stop or his head would fall off and dance around the room and he would be dizzy. Do you think that is true?"
--Logan

****************************************

Words Grant can say:
  • bye bye
  • hi
  • ball
  • mom
  • dad
  • thank you
  • ha ha ha ha ha (copying my evil, deep-voice laugh)
  • uh oh
****************************************

Yesterday I was getting ready to show our house and just happened to look under Madison's bed. I wish I had a picture to show you the

100's of candy wrappers hidden there. 

Really. I couldn't pick them all up in one trip. I asked her about it later and she admitted it saying, "I knew you would get mad at me, so I hid them there." All parade candy from a few weeks ago. I gave the rest away yesterday.

*****************************************

Grant took 20 steps today. 

I'm glad. I'm tired of people asking me if he's almost 1, then having to explain he's almost 15 months. He just doesn't walk yet.

Soon.

As an afterthought, I'm really just tired of being self-conscious that my baby doesn't walk yet. It's totally me. Usually the people who ask tell me their kids didn't walk until later, too. I don't even have to explain. They can see it for themselves. ***sigh


7 comments:

H.Cook said...

Wow, Grant totally has Clara beat in the words department! She can only say daddy and uh-oh. I am amazed he can say thank you!

Ammieloris said...

Hahaha! I would hide my candy wrappers, too, if I had scored hundreds of candies. :D Yeah, it's fun to see babies develop at different speeds. Gideon is still learning to roll over and hold his bottle and pull things to his mouth and eat from a spoon. Oh, yeah, and he never got breastfeeding. But he's so cute!

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

Hannah didn't walk until she was 17 months, in fact, I took her into the doctors just to get her legs checked. She was fine. The doctor told me her head was just too big to balance with her little body. Interesting.

I love the story about the candy wrappers. That's a crack up!

Dave and Loralee said...

the candy wrapper story kills me. I think I recall a friend finding hundreds of wrappers in the crevices of the couch :) they're just so easy to fit into a bunch of different places. madison had TONS of options if under the bed didn't work for her :) and if it makes you feel better, emma didn't walk until 18 months.

Lisa C said...

unrelated: I forget, where in Ohio did you live? I have a friend getting ready to move to the Dayton area. I think she mentioned looking for houses in Fairborne? Is that around your area? Any suggestions for her?

Natalie said...

Hi Jenn! So funny about the candy. That sounds pretty ingenious. We miss you guys and hope you're surviving happily. Hang in there.

. said...

There is a kid in our ward who just started walking and he is almost 17 months. Dont stress about it.