I drafted a lengthy post in response to some who asked who we voted for, and why.
I'm not going to post it.
Politics is so divisive. There' so much to understand about our society and our legal system that no one, I'm quite confident, has the intellect and time to fully comprehend it. That's why politicians have scores of advisers--and still make mistakes. But for some reason we all think we have some angle that is more enlightened than the person next to us. And rather than run the risk of my muddy writing trespassing the sensitivities of certain friends, or initiating an endless volley of point counterpoint, I will quietly toss my manifesto in the electronic waste basket . . . forever.
I'm just happy to live in a country that almost respects the democratic process.
Cheers.
1 comment:
Thanks, Joe. I really enjoyed your post and I shared it on Jacob's family website. If you'd rather me not share it let me know and I will delete it.
Post a Comment