Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm a Believer...






For the last year we've been hearing about Patterson's apple farm.  I kinda' grew up on a farm, in farm country, and I thought, "apples shmapples."  But while Joe was having some serious  teeth pain, some great neighbors took the kids there and they had a blast.  So we decided to check this place out--and I'm a believer!  We left the house in a hurry (it was our turn to clean the church) and thus a little unprepared for the chilly autumn weather.  We stopped at WalMart and got some $1 hats for the kids and a long-sleeve shirt for Joe (who insisted he was fine in 50 degree weather).  We spent quite a bit of $ on fresh kettle corn, apple cider, apple yummies, doughnuts, and apples (which we picked ourselves).  We got to go on a tractor wagon ride down to the apple fields and back (confession: we went more than once just for fun!)  Definitely tradition-worthy!

No comments: