Monday, June 15, 2015

surviving summer

So far so good in the summer department. Here's what's been going on: 

Cousin Maggie came to visit! 
 
Tummy-time!
Pool with friends. Every single day. 
Pizza night! 
Madison's hair-doing skills are getting pretty good. I am very happy to let her practice on my hair. 
The kids and I read Because of Winn Dixie together and decided to have a book/movie party with friends. We made the food that they ate in the book. Logan made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Madi made egg salad sandwiches, and Grant made punch. I tend to get stressed out about things easily, but I put the kids in charge and we kept things very simple, so it really wasn't stressful, but it was a lot of fun and we will definitely be doing more book/movie parties this summer. Book suggestions welcome!

They got the living room ready. 
Madison made signs to hang on the front door.
Grant swept the kitchen without being asked. 
Madi's signs. 
The party! I think I am missing a few kids in the picture. We had a great turn out!  

I should have taken a picture of the stairs. Logan taped them off early this morning to prevent kids from going upstairs (where all the toys are). It worked! 

No comments: