Monday, April 15, 2013

Let's Celebrate

Madison has been asking me to eat lunch with her. I started out the school year strong with the goal to eat lunch with one of the kids once a week. Let's just say that Christmas break really interrupted our schedule. So after a morning at the park, I rushed home and put together lunches for the boys and me and then hurried over to the school just in time to sit down with Madison for lunch. After we hugged and started eating I looked at my kids and realized that Ammon still had breakfast on his face, Madison's last minute ponytail was loose with hair hanging in her face, and Grant's outfit was a little crazy. Guilt raced through my head, "I guess I need to get up earlier so I can spend more time doing Madison's hair. And why didn't I wipe his face off? Oh man. . .and he waved and talked to the secretary. Big Fat Fail."

I realized that this is how Satan gets to me. Never mind that I have four kids, that my husband is out of town, that I got up and showered and made the kids' lunches and fed them a real breakfast (eggs, toast, and the orange cantaloupe that was still on Ammon's face). I rushed them all to school and immediately took the boys on a walk and then played with them on the playground. I made Madison's day by showing up just for her. And all day long I will be doing hundreds of other little acts of motherhood. . . . So I fixed Madison's hair in the cafeteria and wiped Ammon's face off in the car, and decided that today I will celebrate success.


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Satan is a huge jerk!! Whenever I feel like I'm failing at life or things are falling to pieces around me I just sit and say, "Why does Satan hate me so much?" Seriously, he really doesn't like me a lot of the time. Not any of us really. You're doing so amazing. You're a mother I totally admire and I'm always in awe of how much you do. It's really amazing to watch motherhood in action with you. Keep up the great work you do. You're amazing!

Brittney said...

I always love reading your blog, but lately you have had some really amazing posts. I'm so glad you are celebrating success today. I need to take a page from your book and do the same. Love the hair posts too. I have many similar pictures of myself...perms and all.

Jenny said...

I love this, Jenn!