Ammon: can talk. He is especially good at saying, "no," "done," "more," and "mine." But he also says, "please," "cup," and "yes." His names include "momma," "dad," "grandpa," and "Ammon." Other random words include: car, cat, dog, book, uhuh, and animal noises, plus so many more that I can't remember right now. He's brilliant, you know.
I am pretty sure he is allergic to milk. I am not sure to what extent, and I probably should take him to an allergist to find out, but in the meantime we are dealing with lots of ouchy poopy diapers and lots of bottom medicine. We are grateful to live in a time of Almond milk, electric ice cream makers (with Almond milk), artificial cheese (which is gross), and other alternatives to milk. Unfortunately, milk is in almost everything we eat, so I have started to make Ammon separate food so that we can still have some variety in our diets.
Grant: Is getting ever-more super hero crazy. He now turns all of his shirts around because he thinks it is more super-heroish. Grandpa bought him a watch and he is learning how to tell time. He knows how to swim--sort of. He gets under the water and kicks but doesn't really go anywhere. He also needs to learn how to wipe his own bottom.
Story: We were walking around the mall a few weeks ago and he announced he needed to go to the bathroom. I sent Logan as his escort while the rest of us waited in the hall. And waited. And waited. I started calling "Grant? Logan?" Finally Logan came out and explained that he had taken the opportunity to go to the bathroom, too. And Grant was going poop. Uh-oh. That took a while, and then I was yelling into the men's bathroom, "It's ok Grant! You can wipe all by yourself! You are a big boy." He wasn't convinced. Logan went in and wiped him. That wasn't good enough. Then I started hearing Grantee sobs, "I have a poopy bottom! I need help! Mom, come wipe me!" I shouted back, "Grant, I can't go in there, it's the men's bathroom!" A man came out and informed me that it was empty and I could go in to help him, but as he was walking away two more men went in. Finally, I called my dad, who was at Home Depot, and asked him to come over and wipe Grant.
He's been practicing ever since, but I tell ya, it's not pretty. I hope he doesn't need to poop during preschool this year.
Madison: Is no longer terrified of the water! When she saw how everyone was praising Grant for swimming she got her act together and got her head in the water. Now she's a fish, swimming and diving in the water.
Logan: Asked me today if he could have something to put in his hair. I gave him some Matrix gel-wax that we picked up at mom and dad's, and I have a feeling that we are entering a new tween stage. Yikes. He did look pretty cute handsome, though. He is also a fish in the water. But more on that later.
Jenny: Oh my gosh, what a summer!! I can't wait to talk about it--but all in due time. I was spoiled rotten this past month, and I loved every moment. I should mention that my sister informed me that my posture is pretty sad, and even though it was sad to hear, it has been confirmed in too many pictures to not be true. So that is what I'm working on. Standing and sitting straight.
Joe: He's my favorite man ever. Need I say more? Plus he's not telling me what to write about himself.
2 comments:
Fun to hear about you all (except Joe lol) and I totally cracked up about your funny story! Gotta love little kids. I guess you should be proud that no one can hold a candle to you for buttwiping? LOL
Have Ammon eat more Chinese food. There's no cow milk there.
Post a Comment