Friday, January 27, 2012

Goodbyes are so hard to say. . . unless it takes three years.

We've been holding our breath on this announcement, but it's finally safe to say: our Cleveland house has sold!

Three years and three offers later. . . I'd say it's about time.

I won't even tell you what it sold for because you might want to cry. I've already spent my crying-time, so I'm mostly just feeling thankful.

This house represents a lot for me: a new job--our first REAL job, our first home purchase, a baby born, a lost job, a few months as a "single" mom while Joe forged the way for us in Texas, 14 or so birthdays, 3 Christmas's, friends and family visiting.

I loved the wood floors, the flowers that bloomed each season, the sun-lit walls, and Grant's method of getting downstairs. I love the memories we made and the friendships that were built.

Getting rid of it represents a lot for me now: a new start, a better life-style, a job that we have more control over, moving from a small, old house to one that is new (2001!) and monstrous in comparison.

We've learned a lot, and we've grown in so many ways that I can't even explain. I think I can sincerely say I'm glad we had this experience, but I am thankful that now we can let it go.

Goodbye house!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Congrats! What a relief!