Since Ammon and I are attached, he gets to do a lot more than the other kids get to do. Like staying up late, going to Niagara Falls and riding "The Maid of the Mist," and attending his first BYU football game (pics are on Joe's phone). This for some reason implies to everyone around me that he is my one and only child, so Ammon gets a lot of attention and I get a lot of comments and advice on how to raise a child. That's cool, I guess. They mean well. I tell myself that they are actually complimenting me on how I look too young to have FOUR kids. ;o)
One night in July, Joe and I (and consequently Ammon) went to watch Harry Potter 7 part 2. Afterwords we went to get blizzards at Dairy Queen. Since Dairy Queen is about the only place to get ice cream in little bitty Warren County, PA, there was a good-sized line ahead of us. The guy in front of me looks at Ammon, smiles and coos, and then turns to his wife and says, "Honey, look at that baby. Do you remember when ours were that little?" Then they turn to me and say, "Treasure every minute, they grow up so fast. (gives me a "look.") We have three kids--7, 4, and 2 years old." I nod kind of slowly and say, "Oh. . . ours are about the same age. . . We have a 7, 5, 3, and this guy is 3 months old." The man looks at his wife and us and says, "OK. You win."
p.s. Ammon's first tooth broke through on Sunday. Not even 5 1/2 months and he can crawl and has a tooth. This boy is trying too hard to catch up to his siblings. :(
p.p.s. Ignore my man hair. Thanks to my changing pregnant/not-pregnant hormones, the last few months I have been shedding hair like a dog and I don't know what to do with it. It's quite embarrassing, really.
4 comments:
I can't believe Ammon can crawl and has a tooth already! He is moving along quickly! Go,Ammon!
It is fun to go out with just the baby. The "only child" reactions are fun too and it's really nice to not have to be chasing children down aisles, etc. (although technically my children should be old enough NOT to do that anymore:).
Teehee. Ah, what a good rejoinder to friendly advice.
My hair does that after a baby, too. And it drives me crazy! Ack! So sorry it happens to you too.
oh my gosh...i lose hair after each child. it drives me crazy and my hair gets so thin. dislike it very much. i feel your pain. :)
Post a Comment