These overdue pictures were taken during our July 4th holiday trip to Delaware (and Philly).
Evie Foster, Grantucky, Connie Foster, Doug "I have a splendid gun collection" Foster.
The red-shirted hombre is Rich. It was his beach house that we stayed at. Although he rarely brings it up in casual conversation, he was actually voted "nicest man alive" in 1999, 2003, and 2008. Other notable characters in this photo are, left to right, Logan, Madison, Connie, Douglas, (Rich), Randy "Special Forces" Foster, and Kate Foster.
At first, Logan was deathly afraid of the water. That is, until we threw him out to sea. From then on, he loved it!
"Could you move that umbrella over . . . just a little bit more . . . yeah, right there. Thanks."
Actually, this was in Philly, but Jenny selected this photo to be included with this post, so I guess I have to caption it. Apparently, there's weren't any good pictures of me at the beach available.
We still have a ways to go in the art of building sand castles.
Madison and Douglas kayaking in the bay. Logan spent his entire trip with white knuckles gripping the gunwales. Contrastingly, Madison fell asleep.
See above.
In a gesture whose motives I'm still questioning, Jenny's family invited me to play "Find the metal plate in Joe's head." While Jenny's cousin Mark and uncle Randy counted to 1,000 at the ice cream shop, I was buried under 3 feet of sand. I'm glad they dug me out the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment