Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Man, this sucks



So I'm about 3 hours into a rare stretch of bachelorhood that could prove unbearable.

To shake some monotony, Jenny and the kids left to PA to keep her mother company while Jenny's father and brother attended scout camp. "Great idea!" I told her when she first proposed the plan, thinking I could finally clean my car, catch up on some studying, and work some monstrous guilt-free hours.

Today, I left work when I finished what I needed to, rather than rushing to get home in time for family dinner (which rarely happens). When I got home, I flipped on ESPN. The only interruptions were the commercials. I geared up for the upcoming football season by watching some BYU highlights, without having to run upstairs to find out why Madison is out of her bed . . . again. 

But now what? There's no one to watch CSI with me. There are no children to tuck into bed . . . again . . . and again. The only mess in the house is mine. No one is asking me about my day, and no one is telling me about theirs (sorry for the number confusion, you grammarians). Logan is not here to recite to me a book Jenny read to him for the first time today. Madison is not here to model her rings and necklaces. And Grant is not here to throw up on me. But most of all, Jenny's not here to appreciate me cleaning the bathroom. 

I miss my family. 



3 comments:

The JL McGregor Family said...

You cleaned the bathroom!?! We miss you, too!
XOXO--Jenny

The JL McGregor Family said...

Not only did I clean it, I painted it electric orange. Can't wait till you see it!

Stacey said...

Jenny, tell Joe to hang in there.
You know we just do crazy separation things like this so they have moments like this. Oh and it's fun to see our families at random times.