As a family, we've:
- Gone to the zoo (pics below).
- Played outside in the warm (and cold) weather.
- Mowed our own lawn (first time in the seven years we've been married!)
- Planted our first garden, too!
- Been sick.
- Signed up for the library's summer reading program.
- Celebrated Father's Day.
- Slept through the night a little better (hooray!).
Logan:
- Is taking swimming lessons, and loves to swim... (He has been saying he wants to be a farmer for about a year now. On the second day of lessons he asked me if farmers could farm AND teach swimming lessons!)
- Continues to ask the funniest questions (like: why don't they make toilet seats that two people can sit on? Anyone?)
- Loves to learn. We just finished reading Charlotte's Web. Yes, he sat through the entire thing, wanted to read it, asked me continually if we could read more. I think he understood a good part of it.
- Really wants to go to preschool. Tryouts are on Thursday. Cross your fingers for him!
Madison:
- Plays in the baby pool during swimming lessons.
- Got her hair cut--about 6 or 7 inches. First time ever. She was very sad, but what do you do when your hair ALWAYS has food in it, you hate to wash it, and you scream when mom brushes the tangles out? She still looks beautiful.
- Got dad bubbles for father's day (see pic below). We all agreed it was the perfect present!
- Loves summer treats: popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, etc. She could have them more often if she'd eat her lunch and dinner....
Grant:
- Is 3 months old!
- Started sleeping through the night (well, 7-9 hours, between 4 and 6 a.m. I'll take it, though).
- Can roll from tummy to back.
- Had his first cold.
- Started batting at toys.
- Is officially the happiest baby.
Joe:
- Celebrated being the father of three. We love you dad!
- Is excited about growing basil.
- Is extremely busy at work, which is good because he's a hard worker, bad because we'd love summer even more with him around.
- Loves me a lot. :)
Jenn:
- Likes talking to the women at the pool.
- Is happier because she gets more zzz's at night.
- Can skip her own nap and read, play the piano, clean, scrapbook or WHATEVER (blog)! (see above)
- Loves Joe a lot.
- Is trying to do school more regularly with the kids.
HERE'S TO SUMMER AND FAMILY AND A GOOD TIME ALL AROUND!
My happy boy.
After the haircut, and the reason for the haircut (icecream sandwich).
The swimming pool is only 1 block away!
Dad blows his bubbles and the kids catch them.
The cards the kids made for father's day.
Trying to keep the sand in the box. haha.
Made straw necklaces in school. Madi's hair, still long.
Ice-pops better after running in the sprinkler.
It's so fun to hit the water with a bat!
Going to the zoo. Next time we'll remember to bring Benedryl for Joe when he starts to break out in a rash while visiting the gorillas! (True, it's true!)
Playtime.
What Grant does while we play outside.
Splash park.
Totally.
10 comments:
The picture of you and the kids is so cute! I can't believe how big they all are. You have a beautiful family.
Cute update! I can't believe how big grant is. crazy. so are you doing a homeschool preschool type thing for your kids? THat is so great. I need some useful/marketable skills like teaching. Your kids are so lucky to have a mom like you!
I love that last picture of you and your kids! Your family is so adorable! I love reading your blog! :)
You have so much going on! I really am amazed! You handle it so well. I really enjoyed reading the post and I can't wait until we have a yard to mow:).
I can't believe how big Logan is. Eldon would call him a "big boy:)." Does he start kindergarten in the fall? Madison's hair looks really cute. I'm so glad Grant is sleeping well for you. How do you do it? You're going to have to give us some lessons;). Anyway, I'm very impressed how you do everything you do and coordinate fun things for the kids to do too.
you have such a cute family. glad you're getting more sleep it sure makes a difference at our house too ;) i'm impressed, but not surprised that you are doing school at home-you are so creative and talented, i always admired you for that!!
Thanks for the update, it looks like your having a GREAT summer! Your baby is growing up too.
Wow Jenn,
You are an incredible mother. I can not believe how much has changed for you since those lovely days when we were at Ricks. (Gosh, that dates us, doesn't it?) I love reading about your adventures with your kids... they're getting so big.
Keep up the amazing work!
what cute pictures! You guys always have so much fun. I love reading your blog!
I LOVE the last photo too!! You are so beautiful and I loved reading about all the updates.
Hey Jenn, Brian Hortin was over at our house and I read him Logan's funny question about the toilet. . . Well, he said he has seen such a thing, he just can't remember where!! He also said it was wierd, which I can believe (he just saw it, not used it!) Anyway, maybe that will help make Logan's day! See you soon!
Post a Comment