Tuesday, August 25, 2015

second day of school

I don't have time to write because for the second day in a row the boys are taking naps at the same time and I want to take a nap, too! So of course I decided to paint a dresser and read a book and now I'm running out of time... but first...

This is what my kids looked like on the first day of school. They look pretty cute, if I do say so myself. You would never guess (maybe) that I had to beg and plead with most of them to wear something nice. I was told more than once, by more than one child, that he or she was old enough to choose his or her own clothing. I promised that after the first day of school I wouldn't be so controlling. I just needed a picture, that's all. They complied.


Day 2. Sadly, I have no picture. But Grant came downstairs wearing some gray athletic shorts and a stretched out, wrinkled Spiderman t-shirt. I shared my opinion ("It looks like you are wearing jammies, Grant." "Mom, this is comfortable!") and then I let it go. After all, a promise is a promise.

As we were waiting for the bus he looks at me with some alarm and says, "Mom, I forgot to change my shirt!" Whoa, what? "Yeah, I slept in this last night!"

I did not say, "I told you so." I did not panic. And the boy went to school wearing the same shirt he slept in.

I suppose this is what happens when you have 5 kids.

No comments: