Friday, August 21, 2015

sacred moments

There is a sacredness that comes with the last few days of summer vacation. The mornings stay dark a little longer and the sun goes down a little earlier. Sometimes, if you are lucky, the days will begin to be a little cooler. There are resolutions to hug your babies and big kids more often; there are moments that you swear under your breath, and the first day of school can't come quickly enough.

Last night was back to school night. This is a hectic hour where you drag around 100 pounds of school supplies, race from room to room, and you pray like crazy that your kids will make friends and learn much.

I will miss the sleeping in. I will miss the help with Auggie. I will miss the outings. I will miss my kids. 

Today was practice day. I got up at 6:00 a.m. to shower and get ready for the day. It helped that Auggie slept 11 hours last night!!! The kids got up and dressed and we left the house at 7:25 to get donuts. We brought milk, cheese sticks, and grapes and had a picnic breakfast at the elementary school playground. Then we played. 

One last summer outing.

From there we took Logan to the middle school for a 6th grade orientation. He received a locker, we picked up his gym clothes, and he learned about being a 6th grader.

The counselor (the one I posted about a few weeks ago) talked to us for a bit and explained that 6th grade would be the last year where parents would be the most influential person in our child's life. 

Terrifying! Scary! No! No, I'm not crying right now.....

The counselor also said that studies show that this generation has a better relationship with their parents than any other generation. 

Logan is so ready for this. He showed me how to open his locker. They ran out of the adult small shirts so we bought him a medium--and it doesn't even look that big! I look at him and he looks so tall, mature, handsome. 






Look at her long, long legs! Won't be long before she is as tall as I am.





I love these pictures. They are all in different places, and Logan is taking off. I am so in love with them, and grateful for the meaning they have brought to my life. 
One more year with this boy before he leaves me all day. 
Madi selfie. I love my boys, but I'm so glad I have my girl!

No comments: