Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Underwear

The last few months Grant has been doing a great job of getting himself dressed. The only problem? Everything is on backwards--jeans, shirts, shoes (on the wrong feet). I don't usually say anything but, "Way to go big boy!" Sure, we get a few funny looks when we go out in public, but if they have kids I know they understand.

Yesterday when Grant got dressed he came out laughing hysterically and talking about his underwear. I looked briefly and saw they were inside out and backwards and kind of bunched up, and then giggled with him for a minute and then told him to finish getting dressed. We went to see his speech teacher and then went to the lake for a picnic and impromptu swimming with some friends. I hadn't brought his swimming suit, but we had the lake all to ourselves, so I decided to strip him down to his undies and let him play in the water like that. That was when I noticed that he had actually put on TWO pairs of underwear (which must have been what he thought was so funny earlier in the morning). Well, it worked out perfectly--he had dry underwear to change into when we went home. Two of the other kids just decided to play in the lake naked, leaving only one child with real swimming attire. I wish I had brought the camera because it was cute to watch all these naked kiddos running around and playing at the lake (from a distance, obviously, I'm really not a pervert).  It all seemed very old-fashioned and natural. Good thing we are the only people in the area who think it is acceptable to swim in 80 degree weather!

Grant remembered the hilarity of it all today when he got dressed and put on FIVE pairs of underwear. The first time he went to the bathroom he decided that was not such a good plan and left the extra FOUR pairs on the floor. The pair he left on? Well, as soon as Logan came home he announced to everyone, "Guess what? I wore Logan's underwear today." Good thing Logan is a good sport. 

4 comments:

Ammieloris said...

:D

Awesome Logan. Awesome Grant.

Way to go with the flow. Perhaps little Gideon likes to go around semi-nude ALL the time because I tend to worry if his shoes are on the wrong feet. I think I can handle being less uptight!

Oh, and yesterday (83 degrees) the swimming pool was beckoning to me. I didn't give in, though, because the water is nowhere near as warm as that. We made a go at it and splashed around a lot last time it was warm and sunny--last month.

Sara said...

HA HA! That was a very fun day at the lake!

balloongal said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. I love kids.

Molly said...

There are numerous pictures of me as a naked little kid in various rivers, lakes, and streams. Seriously I don't think I owned a swimsuit untill I was 5 and we never took it camping.