Why catch up? Here's what's going on today:
*After 2 or 3 months, Madison kept her room perfectly clean for 1 week--the requirement to earn back one of the many bags of toys/books/etc. I have confiscated over the past few months. Question of the Day (feel free to vote): WIll I re-collect those items this week or will she earn back a second bag of her choice next week?
*At 22 1/2 weeks I finally had my first real doctors appointment for this baby. Do you know what? I hate going to the doctor. I especially hate going to the o.b. for the first time of a pregnancy. ANYWAY. After some good conversation, he finally came to the conclusion that I was Mormon. Here is how that went:
Dr: So you are Mormon?
Me: Yep.
Dr: So do you believe in life-saving measures like blood-transfusions?
Me: Yes.
Dr: OK, I just didn't know if you believed crazy things like that.
Me: Nope. We like to save lives.
Dr: So is your husband a polygamist?
Me: (blushing) No. No we don't practice polygamy. (I should have said MORMONS don't practice polygamy.)
Dr: Good. Because I really don't want more than one wife in the delivery room.
Me: Ummm. Me either.
Awkward.
*It's getting cold here. And by cold I mean today the high was 50 degrees. Then I looked at Cleveland's high: 25 degrees. OK, it's wonderful to be in TX during December.
*I'm making meatloaf and some sort of (sweet or regular) potato fries for dinner.
*Well, I tried twice to give you some pictures, but Blogger won't let me. I know you are dying to see my cute family, so maybe I will try again next time.
5 comments:
Give us more! It's been a long time since I've been able to read up on you guys! You have to write more often!!!!!
22 weeks... boy or girl?
I can't believe that OB. I think people are usually more knowledgeable than that, aren't they? Maybe he was trying to be funny--joke around a bit?
I, too, am excited to hear what you'll be having! Congrats on #4!
LOL. Crazy doctor. I remember my OB in Cleveland checking to make sure we allowed life saving procedures & stuff, which I assumed was standard questioning. How fun you got to endure silly questions, too!
Love the updates. I think that forgetting about catching up is a great idea. I'm gonna follow your lead next time I'm feeling stressed about being behind.
I might consider finding a different doctor. He doesn't seem very professional!
Post a Comment