- 6th grade: asked my mom to cut it short and perm it. Boys at school called me bald eagle. My boyfriend (haha--I was 11) dumped me. I swore I'd never have short hair again.
- 8th grade: hair was long again.
- College: cut my hair to my shoulders. It was ok. Kept it between shoulder length and long for several years.
- 2005: 8 months pregnant with Madison. Hot and miserable. Asked the hair-lady to give me a longer a-line. She really messed up. I cried a lot. (I think there is a pic. of me with shorter hair on the side bar.) Mother of a boy I taught piano lessons to told me I got a "mommy hair-cut." I cried a lot. Got it cut into a shorter a-line the same day.
- 2005-2010: long hair. try bangs about every other year.
SO people! What should I do? Should I keep it long? Bangs again? Try something short?
Every time I cut it short I hate it! But I don't love it long, either. And it's hot here in TX--all I do these days is put it in a pony tail. Bangs have been a good option because it is something different, but not too drastic. Give me your opinion! Send me links to pictures!
6 comments:
I don't know what to say! I have the same issue. Long hair= hot, in the way with kids. I cut it and don't love it! I think bangs is a good option, I like the bangs you have in your family picture.
I like going to instyle.com to "try on" different hairstyles.
Maybe instead of going short or getting bangs, you could go for a light perm instead for a change (or just use a curling iron- I know that's a lot of work though)... you might look cute in something like this: http://hairstyle.sighvogue.com/moe-long-hairstyle/
I'm getting a haircut soon too.
I'm the same way I go from long to short all the time. I keep it in a pony tail when it's long and hate it when it's short. Right now I'm trying to grow mine out again so I vote for keep it long. Because even though it's in a ponytail most of the time you have the option of doing different things with it. I love using hot rollers their fast and look great! However, you will look great no matter what you do! So do whatever you're in the mood for, good luck!
Probably the best advice I can tell you is "you get what you pay for". I hate paying a lot for a haircut, but if you go a nice place, the stylists can usually tell you what would look good on you and will give you a really nice cut. The best way is to find someone who is a decent price AND really well trained. Good luck and, of course, we all want to see pictures of the new do!
My advice is along the same lines at Brittney's! I have never been disappointed with a haircut from a nice salon. They just know what they're doing better. It is a lot to pay it seems, but you are so much happier in the end, and you might be able to go a long time without another one. Of course, I know we always used to talk about how that is mine and Joe's mentality and not yours and jons! (To buy more expensive things!) Try this: call a nice hair salon (like an aveda salon) and ask the receptionist to refer you to a junior stylist. They cost less, but have the same training. Just my two cents!
I remember when you got it cut it was in Wymount and I felt so bad because you were so upset about it. I however remember it looking cute even if you didn't like it. I'm all for the short with bangs but that's just easy for me. I would say don't go to short and then if you want to go a little shorter. Good luck!
Post a Comment