This guy just turned 2. Logan was potty-trained about 1 1/2 weeks after turning 2. Madison was diaper-less before turning 2.
So today I woke up determined to let Grant watch movies, play puzzles, read books, color pictures, and participate in all other activities while sitting on the potty chair.
He did great. I day-dreamed about writing a book: How to Potty-Train Your Two-Year-Old in Two Days.
day 1: naked baby, lots of juice, lots of potty-activities
day 2: underweared baby, fair amount of juice, 30 minute timer
You get the idea. Of course, I should probably try with more than 3 kids. I could start a potty-camp. People might pay good money to have someone else potty-train their kid. No problem!
Ha ha ha ha ha. Grant started out by peeing in the potty-chair just as I planned. Once he figured out he got candy, he'd go every 5-10 minutes. Awesome! Then I thought I'd let him run around a little (he had sat on the chair for about 3 hours straight). He kept peeing every 5-10 minutes... on the floor. Logan and Madison did not do that! Oh, I think he realized he was peeing, because once I missed it and saw him trying rubbing the carpet with his hand. Then I put his diaper on for lunch... and when I took it off after lunch, he had peed in the diaper without telling me or giving me any sign of having to go to the bathroom. So now I have to decide if I'm going to continue after lunch or wait another month or two before trying again. I think a lot of kids take a while to figure out potty-going, but it's always been so easy for me...
Needless to say, I am not going to write a book on potty-training. I might be reading one, though.
6 comments:
I thought the same thing after potty training Britannia I used the exact same technique. Mishayla wasn't quite as easy, but she was potty trained by 2. I have tried this with David several times, he is still in diapers and turns three in a month. They are all so different! Good Luck with Grant!
LOL. Oh, I would certainly pay someone else to potty train my kids. Not looking forward to it! I don't even think about it at this point.
I think you could teach me a thing or two. I have disliked potty training with both my kids and it took over a month. So, I am impressed. I do remember when Madison potty trained under two. Wasn't it right after you moved here? I thought that was amazing!!
Oh my you are awesome! I'm not even brave enough to take Daniels diaper off. He will sometimes tell him he has to go #2 but most of the time I catch him in the act and take him to the potty. #1 is impossible. I don't think he even knows he is doing it. My goal when I got pregnant was to have him potty trained before baby comes, I'm not sure I'm ready for that challenge though. I've told myself that when I get down to the last pack of Costco diapers I'll start trying, we'll see how it goes. Good luck with Grant!!!
Oh man, I was totally ready to pay you to potty train my kids. We have still had no sucess with it. I feel completly lost with this task. Good luck with Grant. You have done it before, it is bound to happen again.
Sam's first attempt was pretty early too and he was peeing every 10 or 15 minutes. It got a little frustrating and got to the point that it was me who was trained to put him on the potty every few minutes. Then I read somewhere or maybe my pediatrician told me that because he was still going soooo often it was telling me that his body wasn't ready. When a child start holding their urine in for longer amounts of time and then going all at once they are ready to train. I stopped and eventually he had dry diapers for a long time and then they would be really wet wet. That is when I decided to give it another try and it only took one day and we only ever had one accident (In Children's Place at the mall where all the sudden he was naked from the waste down and we never found the puddle - ewww) and he was potty trained.
Emily is a whole other story. At about 1-1/2 she heard me tell Sam that there are germs in bathrooms that are little bugs we can't see. From that point on we had to physically carry her into the bathroom, under protest, to even put her in the tub. She did not like bugs.
Good luck. Its nice to be on this side of that.
Post a Comment