(I've been practicing law in Dallas for a while now, so I assume most people that come across this blog already know that. But in case you did not . . . .)
In January on this year, I partnered full time with a friend from school to open a law practice in Dallas, Texas. We started developing clientele a few months before that, but I had a hard time trying to shake off our house in Cleveland. We eventually decided that we couldn't wait for the thing to sell, so we packed up and moved down to Dallas to avoidl the back-and-forth traveling.
I was trained in large corporate affairs, primarily in buying and selling companies. My partner was trained in immigration. (I know, a weird marriage.) We opened our practice hoping to cater to the Spanish-speaking community. He continues to practice 100% immigration law.
I do quite a bit of immigration, and I also have developed an interest in government contract law. Thanks to my days in Cleveland, however, I stumbled across what I hope to be a niche practice I can comfortably rest in: DENTAL LAW. That's right, dental law. Anecdotal experience from seasoned industry professionals suggests that most attorneys retained to advise dentists on practice transitions are sorely unequipped. I think my training helping much larger business transactions provides a great platform to assist in dental practice transitions.
Ultimately, I have some really wonderful people in Cleveland to thank, as my decision was based primarily upon deciding what I was trained for and the type of client I wanted to work with. Thanks, Clevelanders.
So anyway, here's the link to our website. It's still a work in progress.
http://henriemcgregor.com/
Thanks to all those that have helped and supported me thus far.
1 comment:
Congrats! I wish I could take any of the credit for this. Well, not really. I'm just happy for you!
Post a Comment